Saturday, August 18, 2012

Running in the Rain

 

I was going to skip running today, as yesterday’s 6 miler was hot and sweaty.  But, it was lightly raining and I LOVE running in the lighter rain.  Not the downpours, but just that little bit of drizzle.

Turns out it was a good decision!  I had my first sub 10 minute pace for a run since having Pete!

photo (35)

Not necessarily speedy at all, but an improvement.  My plan is working!

Splits

Mile 1- 9:59

Mile 2- 9:23

Mile 3- 9:06

.56- 5: 31 (cooldown)

9:32 overall pace!  I have not seen that in some time!

Perhaps this is short lived, and maybe I will be back to hanging out in the 10s again next week.  But, it was a little gem that made me excited about running and giving me hope that my legs will come back.

2 comments:

  1. I really like to do sports specially when it is raining. A light rain.

    price per head

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like running in any weather. The main thing is to be well prepared for my runs. I usually take Navy Seal formula, which quickly brings me up. It is manufactured by MGNutritionals and was developed specially for the Army, but it is good for everyone who needs more energy for active lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete