Friday, February 10, 2012

11s….. and Life is Crazy

 

Jessica from Pace of Me tagged me almost two weeks ago in the Elevens game that has been going around the blogworld.  I kept looking at it thinking, “I need to get back to blogging". I have not been blogging at ALL lately, due to a variety of factors.

(1) I have spent all my time since January 1st  reading college applications on the computer as this is my real job.  I love reading applications; it is such an interesting experience. 

(2) This means I hate the computer when I come home, so I used my IPhone or IPad to read blogs.  Thank heavens for google reader!  But, I hate typing on BOTH of those.

(3) My son is teething right now and driving me crazy with it.  I feel so bad, but I feel like there is little that I can do.

(4) I have not been running all that much because…. I am not running Boston this year.  I am VERY sad about this, and it was a hard decision.  But, it was the right decision.  More on this to come….  I will be there all race weekend though, as I live 30 minutes or so from the finish.

____________________________________________________

So here are the Eleven things.  I will not retag anyone to do it as I am so late to the game here.

11 Random Things About Me

(1) I dated my husband for six years and two deployments before we were engaged, and then we waited a year and a half to get married.  Everyone thought we should have engaged and married sooner, but we have been together in periods where other friends have met someone, gotten married  and then divorced. 

(2) I attended an all-female high school.  I loved every minute of it, and some of my best friends are still from those years.

(3) My first job out of college was as a high school religion teacher at my all female Catholic high school.  I am probably a bit more spiritual and religious than most people realize. This may be due to the fact that I attended a Catholic institution from first grade through graduate school.

(4) I was on the varsity sailing team when I was in college.

(5) Figure skating was my sport of choice growing up, and I competed.  I have videos to prove it.  No wonder I love spandex so much!

(6) Baking may be my favorite hobby.  I don’t have as much time to do it as I would like, but I religiously read Annie Eats.  (You should too- she has such great recipes, and I am inspired by her.  She is a doctor, mom of two and has such a great blog with all sorts of recipes, not just baking.)

(7) My home is not decorated well at all.  I have no knack in that area, in fact I have no knack in style what so ever.  This is a shame about my home though, as my little sister is a buyer for Home Goods.

(8) Nantucket is my absolute favorite place in the world.  If I won the lotto, I would buy a house there even before I set aside money for the important things.

(9) When in Paris for work, I ran the Eiffel Tower to Versailles race.  It was the experience of a lifetime.

(10) I wear eye makeup every single day.  In fact, I even run marathons with it on. 

(11) I almost never ever watch TV.  When I run on the treadmill, I usually watch some news show.

Jessica’s Questions

1. Do you collect anything?  If so, what and why?

I have an extensive collection of cookie cutters.  But, I do not use them nearly enough.

2. A friend is visiting your town for the first time. Where would you take him/her and why?

If this is a running friend, we will go to World’s End.  The entrance is a mile from my house, but I do not go there nearly enough. 

3. Lucky number?  Is there a reason behind it?

29 should be my lucky number as I was 29 when I was married and was married on the 29th.  But, I only just thought of that now.

4. What is your favorite inspirational quote?

Right now it is this

Pinned Image

5. Were you a tomboy as a kid?

Yes and no- I rode big wheels and climbed trees, but wore dresses while doing so.

6. What is your best childhood memory?

I had a rather good childhood, so I cannot think of just one!

7. What is the best advice your parents ever gave to you?

You get what you get

8. What is your dream job and why?

I would love to be able to read applications part time and then teach fitness the other time.  I have not been  teaching Spinning since my husband started his new job, and I miss it terribly.

9. What is your go-to joke?

I cannot even think of one!  So sad!

10. I love trivia - what is your favorite random fact?

Again, brain in overtime- at a loss here!

11. Where is the farthest place you have ever traveled to?  Would you go back?

It is either Istanbul or Sao Paolo.  I have been back to Istanbul, and I would definitely go back to Brazil!

No comments:

Post a Comment