Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Over a Month Without Blogging

 

Wow!  It has been over a month since I have blogged.  Needless to say, I have been busy.  My husband was away for an entire month, leaving me,  the baby and the dog at home alone.  I did manage a weekend away with him during this time in Charleston, SC.  I also did do my long run on 15 miles on a treadmill.  I had never watched the Kardashians so the ladies and Bruce kept me highly entertained during this time.

The whole family (minus poor Cisco the dog) then headed to Washington, D.C. for my husband’s final two days of work.  There were 11 of us down there.  While all the people were not conducive to eating dinner, there were many people to watch Jack.  So, I ran a lot in the three days I was down there.  I love running around the monuments.

IMG_0146[1]

The Vietnam Wall- We saw my father’s friend’s name- =(

IMG_0151[1]

The Entrance to the World War II Memorial

IMG_0154[1]

The Lincoln Memorial

IMG_0156[1]

The Washington Monument in the Distance

Notice the lack of the reflecting pool!

IMG_0195[1]

My MIL and 4 grandchildren at the Capitol

Good Luck to us trying to get them to look!

 

Now, I am back into the full swing of things with work.  I head to NOLA next week and pretty much leave for Europe right after…. for work, not for fun.  But I am sure I will find some.

And running- well, due to pushing the jogging stroller probably, running is finally turning the corner.  It is so much easier when I am not pushing it.

Case in example- today I had 5K repeats on my plan.  I had to split up the run into two because Jack woke up.  Half on the treadmill, half outside with the stroller.

I did not want to do the 5K repeats with a stroller, but I had no choice.  At least half of them were done.

Ones on the treadmill- I put the treadmill on 8.6-8.7 which is sub 7

With the stroller- 7:22 average on the repeats

At least I know I can go somewhat fast with that stroller!

Finally, a cute picture from today

IMG_0229[1]

Enjoying the September day

2 comments:

  1. I've missed you! So happy you are back!!!!!!!! Wow so much great stuff in this post! I'm happy running is getting easier for you- sub 7:30 pushing a stroller? You are pretty much my hero!!! Hope we can meet up soon for a run around Lake Waban.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much I can relate to here. Never watching the Kardashians....that was me last year and then my marathon training during winter left me on the treadmill a ton! And the Kardashians were on a lot. :) I got to know them quite well. And the jogger stroller thing...I do that a lot too but man it is hard sometimes. I ran 9 with it yesterday but I have to say that I've never tried speed workouts with it. You're amazing! 8.6/8.7...this is what I've been doing for my repeat 2ks...impressive that you're doing this for 5ks. Inspiring really. Great job! And you make me want to visit my brother in D.C...never been there.

    ReplyDelete