Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back on the Blog Bandwagon

 

Well, I fell off the blog bandwagon pretty hard, as I have not posted in almost three weeks.  Some of that was a busy life, some of it was not having anything positive to say and some of it was not wanting to put my stress out there.  It would just make it more real!

But, before I recap the past few weeks, a BIG HUGE thank you to all the supportive comments on my last post.  I have done well with cleaning up the eats.  I followed the advice to try fruits among others.  I really appreciated the mental boost!

Here are some pictures from the past week.

A, Leann and Jack

Sqauntum 5 Miler- Just over 41 minutes, and I ran it with Leann.  The plan was not to go out fast as I had Hingham July 4th race just a few days later.  With the heat, humidity, hills and 6:45 PM start time, we certainly did not! I honestly don’t think I will do this race again.  I did not like the late start at all, and I hated the last part of the course.  We basically had to run a square and then run through a true trail that was narrow to finish.  But, it was fun to run with Leann as I have not since she left me in her dust at this year’s marathon!

4th of July

July 1st in the Office- Mark, my colleague, and I styling for America’s birthday

Jack Blue

 

Jack Blur

Jack’s pictures with Stephanie Beth Photography- so very cute

 

Jack 4th

Jack’s first fourth of July

 

I also ran the Hingham 4th of July race and did not have the race I intended to….. but the good thing is that my first mile was an 8:07 and my last one was a 7:13.  Good for distance, but not good for short races!  The best part of the race was that my husband ran it with a giant American flag…. yes, he held a flag for almost 5 miles, after never practicing with it before.  He is pretty awesome!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome run. That is a hilly course, too! And the baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with those pics of Jack. I saw them on facebook and immediately went to her site to check her work out. Super impressive. I've missed you in blog land and I'm glad you are back!!! Now lets plan a blogger meet up in your neck of the woods- with the beach and a run : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures! And awesome job on the runs or should I say races. Jack is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! We are glad to have you back anytime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! Strong finish with 7:13!!!! Totally understand about falling off the blog bandwagon. It happens:) Your little dude is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete