Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Week in Paradise

 

I fell off the face of the earth this week….. no email, no google reader, no twitter, etc.  It was my last week of maternity leave, so we needed to get away.  I love work, but am not ready to go back.  Very conflicting indeed! So, to the Westin St. John we went! More on that later….

But, the day before we left I ran a 20 miler on the Boston course.  For most training for the big day this year, this feat is nothing big.  For a lady who gave birth nine weeks previous, it was a huge feat.  I had not run this far since the marathon last year.  This was a big huge deal for me.  I know I need to get over myself.  Running post pregnancy is all the rage lately (just kidding!) - and some ladies like Dorothy are simply inspiring to me.  Please go ahead and read her recap of the National Half.  You will get what I mean when you read it.  I read about Dorothy and read this Kara Goucher article and realized that it was time to face the music.  I have made the choice to compete in the Boston Marathon this year; no one is forcing me to Hopkinton on April 18th. 

The 20 miler was AWESOME!  I ran with my friend Leann, which is one of my favorite things to do in the world.  I adore this girl and our friendship.  And, she pulled me through this course.  I only left the run with a little apprehension.  What can I pull off?  What if I had a few more weeks?

We headed to St. John on Monday morning.  I love Boston, but I certainly could live in the warm weather year round.  Although I indulged, I nailed my workouts from coach Mary. They may have all been run on a treadmill, but they were all completed and completed well.  I am still jazzed up from the 20 miler!

It was a great vacation, one of the best.  We enjoyed it immensely.

IMG_0605

I think this picture is so funny!  There is no crying in paradise Baby Jack!

IMG_0596 

Popping the color

IMG_0613

I love swimming!

I cannot believe that Monday will be April 4th, the date since before I knew I had a little baby boy that I would return to work.  I am so not ready…. to return to work, for the marathon, to face the new reality that my life will be.  But, I have no choice.  It is time to face the music.

1 comment:

  1. Awww looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you had a great 20 miler & a last trip to enjoy your maternity leave. I hope things go well this week for you! April is such a big month for you :)

    ReplyDelete