Saturday, April 30, 2011

Running Class

 

For the past two springs, I have taught a little running class through our town’s recreation department. The goal of the course is to successfully train runners for the annual Fourth of July road race. It is an exciting tradition in our little town- the road even was even striped red, white and blue for the occasion last year.

I began my third installment of this class this past Wednesday evening.  Thirteen students signed up for the course, and I am excited to work with them to achieve this goal.  Although I do not miss teaching high school, I do miss teaching.  This class helps me to get my fix.

Teaching the class this year was a difficult decision for me.  Back to work full time, I feel that any moment spent away from my little baby needs to be purposeful.  But, it came down to the fact that I really enjoy working with the students in this class.  I was not a runner myself, and still think it is pretty amazing that I was able to transform myself into one.  This class brings me back to my first Hingham road race and reminds me of why I became a runner.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad you are enjoying the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that race! I ran it last year for the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun that you are teaching a running class! Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower!

    That's awesome that you are teaching! You're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete