Another shameless plug of my little Jack Rabbit- he makes me so happy!
I know I am his mama, but my goodness, his Easter picture may be the cutest thing ever.
My race recap of Boston is now over a week late. Fortunately, it now means most of the emotion about the race has died down for me, and I can concisely summarize the day.
(1) I went out a little too fast….. Boston #5 and I still am learning….
(2) The weather was a little too hot for my liking, especially after training in this winter. Next year, I plan on jacking up the heat in my house and running on my best friend the treadmill. The HEAT (I am being dramatic) caused me some distress, and I let it get to me.
(3) Although I had a great training cycle for it being so short, I don’t think I was as ready for the race as I would have liked. At mile 22, running became slow and ugly. Then again, that could be the result of going out too fast and the heat.
(4) I really, really, really want to run another marathon soon. So, as Colleen said in a comment, why don’t I? A fall marathon is on the horizon!
(5) The end was awesome. I mean really- look at me as I run onto Boylston! I love this race no matter the outcome. And that my friends is the spirit of running.