Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Balancing Act

 

I returned to work this week.  There may have been some tears shed on Sunday (and maybe even on Saturday too), but Monday was a good day.  There were no tears shed on my part, though I think my husband may have experienced a few from baby Jack during the day. My adult brain functioned, and  I wore a pair of heels for the first time since December.  I would call the day a success based on these two facts alone.

Even better, I managed to fit it two runs since my return.  One did start at the early hour of 4:45 AM and did occur on my second husband, the treadmill.  But, it was completed.

I should mention that it is Wednesday, and I am exhausted from the week already. 

Life for me has evolved into one big balancing act this week.  How do I care for Jack’s needs?  How do my husband and I find time for each other? How do I remain a productive  member of my office?

I admittedly am not good at balancing. This skill is like Mandarin to me, a foreign language that I cannot decipher, read or understand.  I tend to be the type of person who commits 110% to everything she does.  With Jack, I am not sure there is time to give 110% anymore. 

Maybe, just maybe, I don’t need to give 110%.  Maybe I need to be more balanced.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! And then, you need to tell me how it's done. :) Good luck - I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete