Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Apprehension

Is it crazy that I am running a marathon next month and this is the least of my concerns?

Lately, I have been wracked with worry and apprehension. Thank goodness I decided to resume running shortly after having Jack; I can only imagine what the state of my mind might be in if I had not. The running is good right now; not great, but good and I am okay with that. I get a little stronger each week, and following a plan is good for me.

However, within two weeks, I return to work. There is no plan unfortunately for me to follow here. I realize that I am not the first woman to face this situation, but since it is the first time I have to deal with it, it is a BIG deal for me. I truthfully like my job and enjoy the company of those I work with each day. I am grateful for this. But, thinking about returning and the logistics of it all cause me to cringe. My whole day right now is consumed by taking care of Jack and trying to keep our little home life in order, and I drive myself crazy thinking about how I will do it all once I am out of the house everyday from 7-6. And, find the time to work out and run as well!

Needless to say, I am freaking out already about how I will keep it all together once I am back to work. I know that I need to breathe and go with the flow, and realize that although it will not be easy, I will manage. I need to have a little more confidence in it. I just wish there was some type of training plan to prepare me for those first few months.

3 comments:

  1. You're gonna be great! And then, when you figure it all out, you can give me pointers because it sounds scary as hell. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine going back to work after having a child, especially for someone who is so active! Best of luck over the next two weeks, enjoy your time with baby Jack. Good luck Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you go back, you will have to blog about how it goes. I'm fascinated by working mothers and hwo they can do everything : )

    ReplyDelete