Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Newbie

The last few weeks I have felt like such a newbie to everything. I am new to motherhood. I feel as if my husband and I have a new relationship; this little guy has totally strengthened my bond to him. I feel new to running, as I just work with my ten minute miles as I continue my recovery. Even staying at home full time feels new (and a bit awkward I must admit).

Tonight, I returned to yoga for the first time since I had Jack. I had run three miles on the treadmill earlier and was looking to do a little bit more. Once again, I felt new to the entire experience. Though my mind knew the postures, my body acted as if I was learning them all over again. I went to hot yoga just three days before I went into labor with Jack, and I practiced throughout my pregnancy. However, tonight, I did not have a big belly at practice. All the modifications that I had made for the past months were pushed aside. I was not worried about balance during crow so I could challenge myself to do it tonight. There were no more excuses to hold back. However, after not doing this posture for some time, it was as if I was attempting it for the first time. In half moon, I was off balance because it was strange to not have the stomach anymore. My body was retraining itself the entire practice.

Tonight's yoga was a great practice for me. It reminded me that the next few months are going to be full of new challenges. It will be frustrating at times, but I just need to remember that I have to be willing to attempt things. I must remind myself that as everything does with practice, my mind and body will embrace my new life.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, everything is new, and it will take time to adjust. I remember my first runs after I had my son, and it felt so weird (plus I peed my pants for a months postpartum), I felt so uncoordinated. But I got comfortable and fast quickly, and so will you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here for you if you ever want to run together AR. I'm so happy for you and your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new life :) The next time you go to L st let me know! I have anxiety over trying new things with people I don't know sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete