Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Quit

I am breaking up with running for a few weeks. I have determined that since I ran right until 38 weeks that enough is enough. I really really really wanted to be that woman who ran on her due date. But, based on how uncomfortable my dropped stomach feels when just walking, it is not in the cards. For the remainder, long live the elliptical, the Spin bike and the Arc trainer (and hot yoga of course!). The good thing is I was able to watch not one but two episodes of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills while at the gym today. I have never seen this show, and for distraction value, it was highly entertaining. And, it kept me on the elliptical for that long.

The break comes right when my running club is about to start training for the Boston Marathon. It is so weird not to have a little schedule posted next to my desk and to not be thinking about miles right now. But, like any good friend, I know that running will be there for me when I am ready to meet again.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there, won't be long now!! And yes running and Boston will be waiting for you when you are ready to return after that baby comes out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two hours on the eliptical??? Seriously? You amaze me. And running (and me) will always be your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would assume running with a baby in your belly would be difficult and painful and all sort of things I would know nothing about. I think running up until 38 weeks is pretty darn impressive! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck making it through, enjoy the break and you will always have running to go back to...with a running baby stroller in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my hero!! Running up until 38 weeks...that is amazing. Running will be right where you left it when you are ready! Can't wait to meet you in Boston!

    ReplyDelete