Thursday, December 9, 2010

Six Weeks from Now

Six weeks from now, my due date will have passed. I am still in a little bit of denial that I am about to have an actual baby. It should not be such a shock as my life is filled with signs of this reality. My stomach is larger than it has ever been, and there are unopened boxes containing high chairs, pack N' plays and carseats scattered throughout my house. Yet, I still have not set up the nursery, and today, I decided to squeeze into my prepregnancy pants to see if they still fit. (Verdict- yes, I can button and zipper them under my stomach so off to work I went in them. BTW, this is nothing to be proud of, just the result of my anti-maternity clothes lunancy.)

Six weeks from now, my life will start to return to normal while at the same point be completely turned upside down. My running has been so/so lately, and I am excited to return to working at it. However, I know that I will have a little friend (and Cisco) by my side as I start to push my body back into shape. I am SO excited to be an athlete again, but so nervous to face the reality of how much fitness I have lost over these past eight months. But, I cannot wait to sweat really badly and hurt. My little bundle of joy will arrive in this world at a time when it will be a bit too cold to hit the roads with the Bob stroller. Thus, I hope Baby Ramsey likes the sound of the treadmill. I am starting to wonder how many miles I will place on my home treadmill over the winter months.

Six weeks from now, I will embark on a whole new adventure. Needless to say, I am ready.

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear that I am not the only pregnant woman in the world who still loves to run...and misses the hard stuff so much it hurts! Congrats on your soon-to-be baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love the pic. Six more weeks, I bet you are ready! I remember the waiting, not fun! As far as loss in fitness, you probably already know that women come back from pregnancy MUCH stronger than before, with a peak in fitness at 8 months postpartum, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful picture- you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete