Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Trot recap and a Joyful Playlist

 

This year’s annual Turkey Trot in Hingham has come and gone.  Although our July4th race here is my favorite, I do love running this race.  The course starts at the high school, meandering into Wompatuck State Park.  Because I am a female and it is a state park, I do not receive the opportunity to run on its trails very often despite its close proximity to my house.

My husband dropped me off at 7:25 for the 7:30 start and off I went.  I wanted to start out slow, which was not a problem as the crowd was thick, and I purposely started at the back knowing I would not be pushing it today.  I hit the first mile in 9:40 according to the mile marker, which was perfect for where I needed to be.  Mile two came at 18:50- a little speedier, but perfect for me these days.  According to the time clock when I crossed the finish line, it was about 28:40.  However, when checking my results later online, it said I finished in 29:23???? The former and future competitive runner in me certainly feels aggravation by this confusion, but I realize that I should just be happy with an under 30 minute 5K at 32 weeks pregnant. 

I am quite joyful for the fact that I am still running right now, and I tried to reflect this spirit in my playlist for this weekend.  Christmas music is bombarding the airways, and I shamelessly love every minute of that.  However, I realize that Spin class to Christmas music might become a bit tedious.  I tried, though, to pick songs that reflect positivity and the theme of joy present in the season…. while adding a few holiday tunes in of course!

Lucky (feat. Colbie Caillat)    3:10    Jason Mraz   

Rise    4:24    Samantha James   

Love Generation (Featuring Gary Pine) [Bob Sinclar Radio Edit]    3:32    Bob Sinclar & Gary Pine   

All I Want for Christmas Is You    4:03    Mariah Carey 

Unspeakable Joy (Razor N Guido Remix)    4:08    Kim English   

Angels Eyes    6:21    Ghostland   

Sean Kingston - Beautiful Mashup    4:43    DJ Earworm   

Raise Your Glass    3:23    P!nk   

All Around the World    3:34    Lionel Richie   

Christmas / Sarajevo 12/24 (Instrumental)    3:25    Trans-Siberian Orchestra   

Still Still Still    4:06    Kaskade   

I Just Want to Celebrate (Mocean Worker Remix)    5:01    Rare Earth   

I Feel Love (Blue Man Group Radio Edit)    4:06    Blue Man Group   

Fairytale of New York    4:35    The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl    (This song is not that positive, but may be one of my favorite Christmas tunes)

O Come All Ye Faithful / O Holy Night (Instrumental)    4:19    Trans-Siberian Orchestra    Christmas Eve and Other Stories    Holiday      

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so I did not know you are preggo, and when I saw the 5K time I was like, I know she is way faster...dah! Congrats on running while preggo, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete