Thursday, September 9, 2010

Three Decent Workouts

I REALLY hate not having anything to train for. I am trying the race once a month philosophy, but two realities are hitting me hard. First, I cannot work on pace. I just need to run right now. Next, I am not a superhero woman who will run a marathon or even a half while she is pregnant. It was a long road to this baby. Though I am assured that the baby will not fall out of me running, I cannot imagine running at my current pace for that many miles. Thus, I am limited to 10Ks or less, which is not really a challenge.

But, I keep trudging along with it. This week, so far, I have taught Spinning on Tuesday,which was awesome. (Yes, I realize it is smug to say it was a good class! But we really kicked butt that day.)

Here is the playlist:

Sunday Morning 4:05 Maroon 5
Mr. Brightside 3:43 The Killers
Viva! (Orion Mix) 3:16 Bond
Sun Is Shining (Radio Mix) 3:02 Yanou
Just the Way You Are 3:41 Bruno Mars
Teenage Dream 3:48 Katy Perry
Stop for a Minute (Beatnick & K-Salaam Remix) [feat. K'naan] 4:26 Keane
Jump N' Move 3:19 The Brand New Heavies Featuring Jamalski Let's Never Stop Falling In Love 3:02 Pink Martini
Viva la Vida (Workout Mix) 4:35 Julian Marshall
So Lonely 4:48 The Police
Mine 3:51 Taylor Swift (Yes, using this song makes me a tween)

I know the instructor is know really supposed to get her workout in, but I have been trying to really work myself during the classes. Work at Babson has been busy, and I do not always have the chance to workout during lunch anymore.

On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to hit the gym. Unfortunately, the air was hot and heavy as our gym is not air conditioned and the treadmills are on the second floor. The temperature outside was not much better, and I figured this was my best option. So I hopped on, ran my four miles as that is all I can manage in the time and had crazy hair and flushed cheeks for the rest of the day. Even with taking a shower (no shampoo), I never quite cooled down. I hate when that happens!

This morning I woke up at 4:30, which has been an annoying habit of mine for the past few weeks. I have no clue why it is happening. Typically, I try to go back to sleep. I tried this unsuccessfully until I just got up at 5, ran 3 miles on the treadmill as it was rather dark and then took Cisco the dog outside for two more. Success- another workout snuck past a sleeping husband!

All of these workouts were okay, but not great. But, then my friend Courtney put it in perspective for me, reminding me that some pregnant people are not even allowed to exercise. Oh yes, I need to remember this and start being grateful that this baby belly can still run. It is permissible to have okay workouts. Not everday can be done at high intensity in a training cycle, so why am I thinking that this will happen in a pregnancy? I need to think of the pregnancy more as a base phase, where I am just building, trying to keep the engines going.

One picture- 21 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment