Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Scatterbrained

I am having one of those weeks where nothing seems to be falling into place. Nothing bad has happened- thank goodness for that. But, I feel like I am being pulled in 30,000 different directions. Note to self- no more super busy work weeks and a mother-in-law moving out of house where she raised children in during the same week. And, that is only the base of my little iceburg. MD appointments, board meetings and a few other things are making it even more hectic.

What makes it worse is that typically, I can get through these types of week with exercise. It gives me the time to reorganize my head and also a chance to decompress. Swimming has been my little goal lately, and the POOL AT WORK IS CLOSED THIS WEEK! Nights have been so busy, and the only free time for me to exercise is lunchtime. BUT THE POOL IS CLOSED! Whew, I feel better realizing that I just screamed it out in capital letters.

Funny thing- my time lately has not really been mine, so I am being a bit more unselfish this week. Yet, a realization has dawned on me. My interactions with others are actually better when I am a bit selfish. My head is calmer and I am more present.

That being said, I am looking forward to seeing my runners on Thursday evening and Friday morning.... Yes! I have to exercise and my head will not be so scattered....

Now, I need to get ready to fly to Baltimore for a day tomorrow.... yes, I told you this was a crazy week....

No comments:

Post a Comment