Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Finish Line

Running has gone beyond fitness. The jogging movement, which began as a pursuit of health, has become an experiential quest.

George Sheehan

After ten weeks, we made it to the finish line. I hope you enjoyed the journey. I know that I sure did.

If you remember from my initial email, I wanted to teach this class to share my love of running with others. I also wanted those who thought that they could not run to realize that it was possible with a little work.

Those were my goals when I began with you in April. What were your own goals for the class? Did you accomplish them?

Now that the event is over, think again as to what you wish to accomplish. It may be to continue running. It may be a switch to a healthier lifestyle. Whatever it may be, continue to evolve. This is the mark of our humanity, our continuous journey of self definition. Embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment