Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The First Step

The first step is always the worst as we have to commit to putting ourselves out there.... But, we all made it tonight and completed our first workout! Great job to everyone- remember the hardest thing in life is showing up sometimes. There were many Sunday mornings this past winter that I had NO desire to get out of bed to drive to Boston to run with my training group. However, I knew that the marathon would be a lot tougher if I did not show up to practice.

Homework reminder- please take 1 30 minute walk either tomorrow or Friday. It will help your body acclimate to impact exercise. On Friday, I will post Saturday's workout.

We all are here for a reason. My reason is to intrcduce you all to one of my great loves in life. Please do not hesitate to email me with questions. I will post all answers to them on the blog. (Don't worry- I won't reveal who asked it!)

Nicole asked a great question about how should the foot hit the ground when running. There is SO much debate about the oorrect way to do it. There is a great article on "The Science of Sport" blog if you want a break down of the debate.

See you Saturday, and remember to walk for 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment